Monday, January 21, 2008

Week 3, Thing #7 - Technology Thoughts

I played some more with mashups.

My creation
Originally uploaded by wall.katy

I used a cool tool to create my own trading card:
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/deck.php

Tech thoughts: As a school librarian, it is certainly good to keep abreast of new technology. However, I have found that staying on the cutting edge of technology often is more expensive in terms of both time and money invested than sitting back a bit and waiting until the new technologies develop. Web authoring is an example. Writing html code used to be a somewhat tedious undertaking. Many programs are now available for creating web pages that make the process quite simple and quick. I have watched the price of many pieces of technology drop after their initial introduction--computers, digital cameras, memory cards,... As new technologies emerge, I have to decide the optimum time to jump in and get my feet wet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More digital photograph fun @ http://www.FotoTrix.com (over 1,000 templates). Put your face on another person's body, make fake magazine covers, scrapbooks, mash-ups, photocards, novelty layouts, comics, wordart, frames/borders, etc!