Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Week 1, Thing #2 - Seven Habits of Highly Effective Learners

I have gone through "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Lifelong Learners" PowerPoint. Yes, some of the habits come more naturally to me than others. The most challenging for me is Habit #3, "View problems as challenges." Sometimes I know intellectually that a problem can be overcome, but I tend to let problems upset me. I think I am getting better with this, however. I certainly follow Habit # 6, "Use technology to your advantage," although sometimes when technology does not do what it is supposed to, I say that I have a "love/hate relationship" with technology. Lately, networks have been running fairly smoothly. The color printer/fax/copier is another story. Maybe the service technician straightened it out on his last call. I'll keep my fingers crossed and view the machine as a challenge!

No comments: