Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 6, Thing #13 - Tagging and Del.icio.us

I started by viewing the Del.icio.us tutorial created by Santa Cruz Public Library:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAEn2cwaJ8

Having bookmarks available online will be useful for accessing my bookmarks from multiple locations - "everywhere"--home, school, while travelling, etc. Sharing bookmarks with library patrons (staff and students) is a great option. I also like the idea of seeing sites recommended by other users. Tags are useful for accessing my bookmarks.

I set up a del.icio.us account,installed the del.icio.us buttons on Internet Explorer, and transferred my bookmarks to del.icio.us so they could be accessed from an computer online and share them with other people.

As with other web 2.0 tools, I need more time to take full advantage of this site.

No comments: