Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 9, Thing #20 - Discover YouTube and Sites to Upload and Share Videos

I explored YouTube for quite a while and found quite a variety videos related to libraries. Some videos were created to give tours of libraries, some were instructional, some were tributes to libraries and librarians, some were historical looks at libraries, some looked at what libraries of the future would be, some featured book cart drills set to various musical selections, and one featured a joke with a dumb blond looking to buy a burger in the library.

I tried to find a video related to libraries that I could use with my students and decided that the searching was an exercise in frustration. There are good videos on YouTube, but I did not find anything that would be useful to use in my library classes. I think YouTube could be useful as an educational tool for publishing. I could see posting instructional videos or as a place to publish student productions.

Here is a YouTube video "The Hollywood Librarian Trailer" that highlights the important roles of librarians:



No comments: