Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 7, Thing #16 - Wikis

I found out that libraries are using wikis for scheduling, book discussions, and various forms of collaborations. I registered and opened my own free educator's wiki at pbwiki.com. I decided to initially use an invite key for others to access my wiki. If I want, I can add email addresses of those people who I want to access my blog.

I'm thinking that for my first project that I would like to invite staff members at the middle school where I work to post an entry about their favorite children's book. Before inviting students to participate, I want to do some work with them about "Wiki Etiquette. " I would like to give students an opportunity to post entries about their favorite book.

I am excited about this quick, easy way for collaboration online.

No comments: